HA Class low-sided wagons

 

In 1904 two new H class wagons (1069 and 1070) were built on the GB type 15'-0" wooden chassis. A further fourteen (141, 1063, 1064, 1075, 1077, 1891, 1894, 1897-9, 2079, 4248,4249, 4253) followed in 1905.

In 1905 all of these wagons were reclassified HA.

 

 

No picture available

1949

4253 written off. To JETTY 751

1950

1069 written off

1951

1898 transferred to State Saw Mills

1955

1077 written off

1956

1070, 1075, 4249 written off

1964

1063 written off

1965

4248 to ash wagon

1967

1064 written off

1899 to JETTY 331 (possibly)

1968

141, 1894 written off

1970

1891, 1897 written off

1972

2079 written off

In 1917, two standard H class wagons, 3042 and 3130, were reclassified HA. It is unclear whether these were completely new wagons to HA standard with wooden underframes or NZR frames with wider HA width bodies. A further example (3899) was produced in 1929. HA3899 was written off and became JETTY 778 in 1950, followed by 3042 in 1956 and 3130 in 1972.

In 1932 a group of L class ballast wagons at Port Hedland (8824-8831, 8833-8835) were converted to class HA. Again the chassis type is unclear. Number 8833 was then rebuilt as a class G in 1933-4. In 1943 J8832 was also converted at Port Hedland to class HA. All of these HA class wagons were transferred to the Public works department in 1951 when the Port Hedland line closed.

Finally in 1964 two M.R.W.A. M class wagons (M341 and 342) were reclassified HA by the W.A.G.R. and renumbered 40761 and 40762. They had originally been intended for carrying motor vehicles. These two wagons, although of the same width as the standard HA, were 17'-0" long over headstocks. They were written off in 1966 (40762) and 1967 (40761).

 Return to class H

 

 

Return to alphabetical list