P Class six-wheeled Brake vans (Class C before 1900 and GSR class M)

In 1896 the W.A.G.R. inherited four 6-wheeled brake vans from the Great Southern Railway. These vans had started out life  in 1888 as four-wheelers identical to the M.R.W.A. vans.  They were numbered 1M-4M by the GSR.  The rebuild to the longer 6 wheeled form was done at Albany workshops by the GSR but the dates are unknown. 

When taken over by the W.A.G.R. in August 1897 they became C87-C90 and in 1900 they were given new numbers in the wagon series:

 

Old Number

New wagon stock number

Date renumbered

Fate

C 87

P 5089

4/9/00

To Hopetoun 1/10 Written off July 1935.

C 88

P 5090

1/9/00

Workmen's van class DW in 1901. Preserved.

C 89

P 5091

15/12/00

To Hopetoun 1909. Reclassified ZP June 1936. Written off March 1943

C 90

P 5092

1/9/00

Workmen's van class DW in June 1936. Written off April 1959.

.

Other brake vans

The W.A.G.R.'s other brake vans can be found under Class Z. After 1936 the remaining four-wheeled vans were class ZP. In 1953 two experimental four-wheeled vans were built which were class ZF

 
Return to class P Return to MRWA  wagons GSR wagons Return to alphabetical list